ProVision 7 is here, bringing a plethora of new features and improvements! Among the major updates are support for IPAMv2; DHCP groups, pools, and servers; and support for Peering v2. We’ve also made numerous updates and refinements to other parts of ProVision. Be sure to check out the complete list of updates here.
IPAMv2 and New IPAM Tab Updates
IPAM Tab Improvements
- Support for IPAMv2
- Added Subtab navigation at the top of the page to switch between IPAM, VLAN, and Logging
- Updated the UI for “Add Aggregate”
- Updated to a cleaner interface for IPAM Maps
Aggregate Blocks List
- Refined interface
- Improved search filter – accepts CIDR, Region, RIR
- Added filter by IPAM Regions under “more filters”
- Simplified the Action menu
- Added More Charts!
- Updated interface to support sortable columns, adjustable column widths, IPAMv2 column customizations, and user defined metadata fields.
- Multi-edit now includes Domain, VLAN, and customized metadata fields.
- Block Assign / Multi-Assign is now a searchable / filterable resource list.
- Improved IPAM Filter options to be searchable fields, include user-created metadata fields, and added a “select all masks” option.
DHCPv3 and New DHCP Tab Updates
The DHCP Tab has been updated to support DHCP Groups, an improved interface, and improved backend functionality. Three new DHCP areas have been added – DHCP Groups, DHCP Servers, and DHCP Pool List.
The DHCP Servers page shows a list of DHCP servers, created via the “Add Server” button. Supported server types are ISC BIND or Cisco Prime Network Registrar. During server creation, you may select to attach it to a DHCP group, or leave it unattached.
Peering v2 and New Peering Tab Updates
We’ve updated the Peering tab to support Peering v2, including new peering pages, improved UI, and direct data connections to Peering DB. Additionally, ASN validation and handling has been improved, and users now need to specify a PeeringDB account (set in Admin-> Peering settings) to connect with PeeringDB information.
Additional Features & Improvements
- ProVision has been updated to support PHP 7 / PDO and mySQL 5.7.
- The IPAM Admin “Lists Management” area has been updated with an “Edit Columns” page to support IPAMv2 column customization.
- A new IPAMv2 Gadget is provided with the IPAMv2 7.0.0 updates.
- The Dashboard “IP Charts” Widget has been updated to show block percentages that are assigned, unassigned, allocated, or in the holding tank.
- ProVision now supports importing IPPlan data via the Data Import tab.
- And many more refinements and bug fixes
We’re excited to share ProVision 7. Be sure to check out the full list of updates. If you’re still using an older version of ProVision, contact us to get upgraded. If you’re not using ProVision yet, start your free trial.