What Personal Information About Users Does 6connect Collect?
Our primary goal in collecting personal information is to personalize and improve our website experience. We collect the following types of information from our users:
- A) Information You Provide to Us:
We may receive and store any information you enter on our website or provide to us in any other way. For example, we may contact you to follow up based on your response to a 6connect blog post. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of many of our special features. The personal information you provide may be used for such purposes as responding to your requests for certain services, customizing the 6connect website, and communicating with you about various products and services.
- B) Automatic Information:
We may receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. 6connect may automatically receive and record certain “traffic data” on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, 6connect cookie information, and the page you requested. 6connect uses this traffic data to help diagnose problems with its server, analyze trends and administer the website.
- Generally, our service may automatically collect usage information, such as the numbers and frequency of visitors to our website and its components. This data is only used in the aggregate, that is, as a statistical measure, and not in a manner that would identify you personally. This type of collective data enables us to figure out how often users use parts of the website, so we can make the website appealing to as many users as possible. In addition, we may provide statistical information, not information about you personally, to our partners about how our users, collectively, use our website. We share this type of statistical data so that our partners also understand how often people use their areas and our website, so that they, too, may provide you with an optimal Web experience.
- Many companies offer programs that help you to visit websites anonymously. While 6connect will not be able to provide you with a personalized experience if we cannot recognize you, we want you to be aware that these programs are available.
- C) Usage Monitoring:
We may monitor your interaction with our website and services. For example, we may record a screen video of you mouse actions and other interactivity with respect to the website. Such information will only be used internally by 6connect to help improve our website and services.
- D) E-mail Communications:
We may receive a confirmation when you open an e-mail from 6connect if your computer supports this type of program, in order to help us make e-mails more interesting and helpful. We may also send out emails with news or promotions. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please notify us by e-mail at email@example.com include sufficient information for us to identify your account.
- C) Usage Monitoring:
- A) Information You Provide to Us:
What about Cookies?
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we may transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and tell us how and when pages in our website are visited and by how many people. 6connect cookies do not collect personal information, and we do not combine information collected through cookies with other personal information to tell us who you are or what your email address is.
What about Google Analytics?
- When someone visits www.6connect.com we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behavior patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
- To minimize potentially personally indetifieable information being sent to Google Analytics, we are anonymizing the IP address before it gets sent to Google by removing the last octet.
- As of May 25, 2018, we have turned off Advertising Reporting Features and Remarketing until we can put a consent for in place for EU users
You can opt-out to the creation of a user profile, Hotjar’s storing of data about your usage of our site and Hotjar’s use of tracking cookies on other websites by following this opt-out link.
Will 6connect Share Any of the Information it Receives?
We neither rent nor sell your personal information to anyone. We share your personal information only with your consent or to our business partners and affiliates as described below:
Affiliated Business We Do Not Control:
We are affiliated with a variety of businesses and work closely with them in order to provide our products and services to users. We will only share personal information that is necessary for the affiliate to provide such services. We require our affiliates to provide the same level of privacy protection that we do and they do not have the right to share or use personal information for any purpose other than for an authorized transaction.
- Personnel: Our personnel (including, for the avoidance of doubt, consultants and/or contractors) may have access to user information while carrying out their duties in the normal course of our company business.
- Agents: We employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share your information with them to provide services to you.
- Promotional Offers: We may send offers to certain users on behalf of other businesses. However, when we do so, we do not give the other business your name and address. If you do not wish to receive these offers, please notify us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Business Transfers: In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, customer information is typically one of the business assets that is transferred. Moreover, if 6connect, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, customer information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party.
Is Information About Me Secure?
- Your 6connect account information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. You need to work to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer by logging off once you have finished using a shared computer.
- We use industry-standard Secure Socket Layer (SSL) software to protect the security of your personal information during transmission, which encrypts all of the information you input.
- Only 6connect employees who need personal information to perform a specific job (for example, a customer service representative) are granted access to it. All of our employees are kept up to date on our privacy and security practices.
What Information Can I Access?
Any personal information you add to a hosted ProVision instance can be edited by visiting your instance admin on cloud.6connect.com where you have full control of the information stored.
What Choices Do I Have?
- As stated previously, you can always opt not to disclose information, but then you may be unable to use certain features on our website.
- You may request deletion of your information that was sent to 6connect by emailing email@example.com. Please note that some information may remain in our records after deletion of your account.
- As explained earlier, the “help” portion of the toolbar on the majority of browsers will direct you on how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to command the browser to tell you when you receive a new cookie, or how to fully disable cookies. Please note, however, that if your browser does not accept cookies, you will not be able to take advantage of some of our attractive features.
Conditions of Use
Third Party Websites
Questions or Concerns
If you have any questions or concerns regarding 6connect’s privacy practices, please send a detailed message to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your privacy is important to us and we will make every effort to resolve your concerns.
You may contact us at –
548 Market St #39313
San Francisco, CA 94104-5401
Or call us at –
+1 (650) 646-2206