Most enterprises and service providers recognize that creating and maintaining secure and robust DNS infrastructure is critical. 6connect recognizes this and has built the most comprehensive solution for managing enterprise and service provider DNS infrastructure quickly, securely, and productively – and without having to replace your existing DNS platform.
With ProVision DNS/DNSSEC, you don’t have to rip out any of your existing DNS architecture. Instead you get a turn-key management console that imports your existing BIND zone data, outputs it to the DNS server(s) of your choice, and generates DS keys with one click. The best part? You can output your zones to multiple servers in multiple formats!
- A multi-user environment that gives you granular permission controls, along with full forward and reverse DNS management of IPv6 and IPv4
- DNS automation – easily edit reverse records for IPAM allocations or build zone files from device information.
- Bulk DNS editor that makes global DNS changes easy, backed by powerful zone editor tools for working with large zones (no more scrolling!), and pre-populated Namesever entries to save time
- DNSSEC “out of the box” tools and support – with one click DS key generation and one-click provisioning
- Multi-support and Multi-zone management ACROSS different DNS technologies through a single interface – ISC BIND, PowerDNS (MySQL and Postgres backend databases), Secure64 Authority and Signer, DynECT, with more being added all the time
- DNS Importer normalizes and imports your zones into ProVision
- Integration with object-based permission structure for granular control in even the most complex environments
6connect recognizes that DNS and DNSSEC serve as the foundation of service providers’ and enterprises’ online presence. We have built robust, secure and easily managed DNS and DNSSEC tools into ProVision that makes creating and maintaining both easy, quick and fun (ok, fun for network administrators like us). Here are some benefits that our customers are seeing:
- ProVision simplifies zone creation significantly by providing straightforward import tools, automatic zone serial creation, and multiple export options (local SSH, ZIP, SFTP transfer, etc…)
- Improved zone accuracy because of automatic zone generation routines that feature built-in logic and error checking algorithms
- Flexible searching across zones and zone assignments per customer or sites, and customizable zone entry types
- Integrated DNSSEC automation for zone signing and DS key management, backed by external integration into internal or external portals