We have Feature Lock for our 5.2 release of ProVision and will be entering the QA and documentation cycle shortly. We are expecting the release to go live in March 2016 (will send out a specific date as we get further into QA).
Thank you to all our customers who provided feedback! Here is the current Feature List:
- LDAP/AD integration – option for Native Groups: The current approach requires a schema update for AD so we are introducing a less intrusive option.
- DHCP Server Monitoring and Pool Utilization (v1): This is our first foray in doing some basic monitoring/healthchecks of DHCP servers along with some pool utilization reporting.
- Resource Query performance and security enhancements
- Logging v2 – integrating Elasticsearch for scalability with larger logging histories along with enhanced long term data storage. With greater logging details and more visualizations on the dashboard,
- Transactional safety enhancements for Direct Assign and Smart Assign
- Revamped installer/upgrader
*Please note that ProVision version 5.2 will require php version 5.6.*, we will also recommend installation of Elasticsearch for the enhanced logging, but will not be required until ProVision 5.3.
This release is setting us up for other key upgrades coming later this year. We are doing some other big updates to IPAM and DNS in the coming months and will be sharing those specifics as we go.