We were recently granted the patent rights to Reverse application programming interface (API) endpoint creation process and standardized schema on May 8th, 2018. The present invention relates to computer-mediated systems with associated software tools whereby data is accessed and delivered to the requestors in a unified form.
– What is claimed in this patent is:
1. A computer-mediated system for gathering, standardizing, unifying and delivering a user-desired data set from one or more data source locations, comprising: an interactive text editor software tool executed on a computer for use by an administrator to compose and maintain a library of standardization schema, each schema stored in the library containing a set of data source formulas providing instructions for the system to locate and retrieve data from one or more data sources, each schema also containing a set of data standardization functions providing instructions for the system to handle and process data retrieved from the data sources, the instructions provided by the set of data standardization functions including translation formats for processing data associated with one or more particular data source locations: a requestor software tool executed on the same or another computer of the system for accessing the library in order that a requestor invokes a selected one of the stored schema; and the same or another computer of the system, responsive to a requestor invoked schema, executing the set of data source formulas of the invoked schema so as to retrieve data and executing the set of data standardization functions of the invoked schema so as to standardize and unify the retrieved data for delivery to the requestor, execution of the data standardization functions including performing, in accord with the translation formats, any required mathematical operations upon
data retrieved from respective data source locations in order to result in fully standardized data; and wherein the interactive text editor software tool includes computer-implemented instructions for prompting with management task options associated with creation and editing of data source formulas and data standardization functions, and also includes computer-implemented instructions for executing test-pulls of data in accord with created or edited data source formulas and data standardization functions so as to provide interactive feedback to an administrator on the behavior of composed schema.
2. The system as in claim 1, wherein each data source formula provides either (1) a data source location or (2) a parameterized template resolvable to a data source location with access protocols.
3. The system as in claim 1, wherein one or more schema composed by the administrator further specifies policy barriers to supervise access restrictions to certain specified data for authorized requestors.
4. The system as in claim 1, wherein each schema stored in the library is provided by a unique identifier of that schema.
5. The system as in claim 1, wherein the interactive text editor software tool offers a choice of programming languages to an administrator in which to compose and maintain the library of standardization schema.
6. The system as in claim 5, wherein at least